Friday, November 30, 2007

Self Study - Andrew

Hey Team:

I hope the study we just completed on "The Treasure Principle" (i.e. "you can't take it with you, but you can send it on ahead") has been helpful to you. It has certainly made me think about my responsibility as a Christian to generously share the blessings God has given to me with others. To what extent am I "laying up treasures in heaven" by the way I handle my finances? Is my financial focus just on me, my family (just as problematic in my opinion), or am I also taking into consideration the poor, the weak, etc.?

Bottom line: how we handle our money and possessions in this life is not a financial matter, it is a spritual matter. I pray that when we give an account of this area of our lives that He will say, "Well done, though good and faithful servant." I'm not there yet, but I'm going to press on!

This Sunday we will begin a new unit entitled, "Seven Words To Change Your Family." Wow, what a title! I plan to be there to find out what those seven words are -- and I pray you will also.
This Sunday is also the first Sunday of the month so we will take up our class offering.

Please make plans to attend our S.S. class Christmas party at the Selfs on December 14 at 6:00 p.m. (C.E.L.E. -- "come early, leave early").

Press on....
Andrew

No comments: