Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Self Study

Hey Team:
 
Eva and I are back from a quick trip to Florida (the girls are still there with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.).  We missed being with you this past Sunday but were blessed to have had a great worship experience at Sarasota Baptist where one of my brothers is a member.  I'll tell you more about it if you are interested, but you should at least know this:  I didn't wear a tie!
 
Thanks, Andy
 
Special thanks to Andy for teaching our class in my absence.  Andy will be back again on June 30 when the Centrkid crew and I will be returning from Ridgecrest.
 
Sherry Newton's Dad
 
Many of you know that Sherry and others have been praying for her father's (Chuck Gresham) salvation for some time.  Well, by the grace of God, and somewhat unexpectedly, Chuck recently made a public profession of faith in Christ.  This, of course, is the greatest news of all.
 
Congratulation, Mike and Joelette
 
Mike and Joelette's daughter, Angie, is engaged.  I have met Patrick and really like him (not that Angie cares what I think).  If I were not the father of two young daughters, this would be a great place for some joke about Mike having to pay for another wedding.  But since I am, this is not.  In other words, let's put Mike on the prayer list and keep him there.
 
VBS/Centrikid
 
Two of the greatest evangelistic opportunities of the year for our church are Vacation Bible School and church camp.  Please be in prayer for these events and the children whose lives could be forever changed by the decisions they make.  If your child or one you know that is going to Centrikid has not made a profession of faith in Christ, please let me know.
 
Wombles/Workday
 
Our missionary friends from Niger, The Wombles, will be here the end of this month and will be staying in the Wells Missionary Residence.  Some of us will be meeting there this Saturday at 9:00 a.m. to clean, etc.  Please join us if you can.  It will not take long.  Also, our S.S. class will take up a special offering on Sunday to help get the place ready.
 
See you soon.
 
Press on.
 
Andrew
 
 
 
 

No comments: