Thursday, June 26, 2008

Self Study

Hey Team:
 
I am sending this email to you from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in Ridgecrest, NC.  We had a great (i.e. safe) trip here and the journey has been nonstop.  We have a wonderful group of kids!
 
I wish you could see, as I have, how much Eva, Lisa, Roscella and Mason love your children -- all of them!  They have been and continue to be great servant-leaders and are great role models for all of us. 
 
Although I have been to and worked many camps over the years, I have to confess that I have been positively impressed with the organization and spiritual maturity of the leadership team here.  I really believe this can be a life changing experience for all of us, so please continue to pray for our group.  Our goal is that we would all come to know Him in new and more personal ways before we leave, and that we would continue to develop that relationship when we come home.
 
Now, for those of you who are unnecessarily worried  about your children --  RELAX (Eva says it doesn't help for me to tell you to "relax" but I thought I would try to reinforce what your husbands have been telling you)!  So far we've only had a few broken bones and we only lost two girls for a total of 10 hours.
 
Just kidding.  Really, I'm just kidding.  If your child has not called you, or has not called as often as you would like, that's a good thing.  We will let them call any time they want to or need to.  We have asked some of them if they wanted to call home and the typical response is something like, "no, thanks"  or "maybe tomorrow."  Trust me, they love you and they miss you, but they are doing great and having a lot of fun.  They have a whole lot to tell you, but they may not tell you everything until we get home.
 
S.S.
 
We will not be home until Sunday afternoon.  Thanks again to Andy who will once again be teaching our class this Sunday.
 
See you soon.
 
Press on.
 
Andrew

No comments: