Friday, October 9, 2009

Follow-up to Prayer Request from Sam Brown



----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Sam Brown <SamBrown@jsmc.org>
To: Andrew Self <andrewcself@yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 9:44:34 AM
Subject: Julia Stampp

Andrew,

 

Over a year ago and a couple of times since then I requested prayers from our class for Julia Stampp.  Julia, you may recall, was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer just before she turned 4 years old.  She underwent chemo for a year which ended about a month ago.  Julia is now 5.  This morning her father Tim called me at around 7am to tell me that her latest scans came back clear.  They will be removing her chemo port which has been in for over a year.  They will monitor her every three months for a period of time and will go to every six months if everything remains clear.  Tim stated the recurrence rate of this cancer is about 49% so let's pray that Julia is in that 51% group.  Julia had dropped to the 5th percentile in terms of her weight but is already back to the 25th percentile since ceasing chemo treatments.

 

Anyway, this is such a blessing and such great news.  I had asked Tim early on if he was ok with me sharing Julia's condition with my Sunday school class and asking for their prayers so he knows that people here in Hoptown have been praying for Julia and her family.  He asked me to give his thanks to my class so if you would pass this on to the class I would appreciate it.

 

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for Julia, and please continue to pray that she will be in that 51% non-recurrence group.

 

Take care,  Sam

 

Samuel L. Brown

Vice President - Financial Services

Jennie Stuart Medical Center


No comments: